Montenegro one-day hiking tours
NP Durmitor (2.525) is the most magnificent among the mountain giants of the south-Slavic countries. This breathtaking national park was formed by glaciers and is traversed by rivers and underground streams. Along the Tara river canyon, which has the deepest gorges in Europe, the dense pine forests are interspersed with clear lakes and harbor a wide range of endemic flora. The massif has 48 peaks above 2,000 m and 18 glacial lakes, scattered over mountain massif and Jezerska Povrs plateau. The lakes add significantly to the beauty of the mountain and have been nicknamed Gorske Oci, meaning Eyes of the Mountain.
With about 200 km of marked trails, it is hard to pick the favorite ones. But here are some that we would recommend:
Pitomine – Black Lake loop – Zminje lake – Pitomine
Length-13 km, Category – Easy, Duration – 6 hours, Total vertical climb – 150 m
Pitomine – Black lake – Mali Medjed – Black lake loop – Pitomine
Length: 14 km, Category: Moderate, Duration: 7 hours, Total vertical climb: 690 m
Sedlo – Bobotov kuk (the highest peak) – Zabljak
Length: 12.5 km, Category: Moderate/Hard, Duration: 8 hours, Total vertical climb: 940 m
* If you fancy shorter or longer trails we’ll certainly find the best one that matches your requirements!
- Pick up at your accommodation
- Drive to Zabljak
- Hiking (5-8 hours)
- Lunch (optional)
- Transfer back
Transfers; Guide; National park entrance fee
What to bring:
Footwear such as joggers or hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, wind jacket, hat, sunscreen, snack, water.
MIn/Max number of people:
2 / 16
- Tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- Guests that are less than 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend you to have Travel medical insurance valid in our country during your stay. In case you do not have it, contact us so we can assist you regarding this issue.
- The guide keeps the right to prevent you from commencing the tour in case you are intoxicated or if the guide estimates that you could bring the personal or any other’s safety in jeopardy, as a consequence of your unconscionable behavior.