Montenegro one-day hiking tours
hike to Orjen in Montenegro
Great biodiversity, remarkable relief, and many breathtaking viewpoints make Orjen very attractive destination for mountaineers and nature lovers!
Orjen (1.894m) is the highest mountain of the east Adriatic coast. Its massif rises above Herceg Novi and reaches its highest peak just 14 km from the sea. It is a very attractive destination for mountaineers, in great part because of the Zubacki kabao, which gives unforgettable 360 degrees sight. The other place that mountaineers frequent is Subra, a mountain which has various claims to fame: its summit is the best viewpoint in the whole range, Subra amphitheatre is reckoned to be the most interesting feature of the coastal Dinaric Alps, and the plateaus on Subra are one of the most striking examples of karst micro-relief in the world. The vicinity of the sea creates extremely rich floral world on Orjen!
Among the mountaineers Orjen is known as the mountain with the best-marked trails. Here are some that we recommend:
Borići – Vratlo hut – Grab – Vratlo hut – Borići
Length – 9 km, Category – Easy, Duration – 5 hours, Total vertical climb – 580 m
Vratlo hut – Veliko cedilo – Grab – Vratlo hut
Length – 10 km, Category – Moderate, Duration – 6 hours, Total vertical climb – 700 m
Borići – Vratlo hut –Subra peak – Vratlo hut – Borići
Length – 11 km, Category – Hard, Duration – 7 hours, Total vertical climb – 850 m
* If you fancy shorter or longer trails we’ll certainly find the best one that matches your requirements!
We will pick you up at your accommodation and then we drive toward Borići. We will decide on the most suitable trail that meets your demands and abilities. Ideally, hiking starts at 7.30am. We will make a few stops along the trail to enjoy the beautiful landscape, rest and have a snack. In the afternoon, we can go for a lunch or directly drive you back to your accommodation
Transfer to the point where hiking starts and back; local guide; snack;
What to bring:
Footwear such as joggers or hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, wind jacket, hat, sunscreen, snack, water.
Max number of people:
- Tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- Guests less than 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend you to have Travel medical insurance valid in our country during your stay. In case you do not have it, contact us so we can assist you regarding this issue.
- The guide keeps the right to prevent you from commencing the tour in case you are intoxicated or the guide estimates that you could bring personal or any others safety in jeopardy, as a consequence of your unconscionable behavior.