Two-day hiking adventure – Orjen mountain
It is planned to walk between 5 and 8 hours each day, depending on your requirements and hiking abilities.
Orjen (1.894m) is the highest mountain of the east Adriatic coast. Its massif rises above Herceg Novi and reaches its highest peak just 14 km from the sea.
It is a very attractive destination for mountaineers, in great part because of the Zubacki kabao, which gives unforgettable 360 degrees sight. The other place that mountaineers frequent is Subra, a mountain which has various claims to fame: its summit is the best viewpoint in the whole range, the Subra amphitheatre is reckoned to be the most interesting feature of the coastal Dinaric Alps, and the plateaus on Subra are one of the most striking examples of karst micro-relief in the world. The vicinity of the sea creates extremely rich floral world on Orjen!
- Every Friday to Sunday in period from May to October.
We will pick you up and then we take half an hour drive to Borići. From there we start hiking and in one hour we reach Vratlo hut (we will spend the night here after the first-day hike). There we can have a short break and leave unnecessary things. Then we keep our trail toward Subra peak. There are many attractions to be seen by the way.
In the afternoon we are coming back in the Vratlo hut, where we will have traditional dinner and spend a night.
After a breakfast we will make a route plan, considering your demands and abilities. There are several options, from easy and short to long and very demanding trails.
In the afternoon we are coming back in the Vratlo hut, where we will have traditional dinner and say goodbye to our kind hosts. By the evening we will take you back to your accommodation.
Transfers from & to your accommodation; Local guide; Accommodation (one night) & Food.
What to bring:
Hiking shoes, comfortable clothes, wind jacket, hat, sunscreen, snacks.
- Tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility, heart or back problems and during pregnancy.
- Guests that are less than 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend you to have Travel medical insurance valid in our country during your stay. In case you do not have it, contact us so we can assist you regarding this issue.
- The guide keeps the right to prevent you from commencing the tour in case you are intoxicated or if the guide estimates that you could bring the personal or any other’s safety in jeopardy, as a consequence of your unconscionable behavior.
- If you are vegetarian please let us know at least one day before the adventure. We will be happy to meet your requirements!